Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Sunnah of Prophet (saws)



Mawlana Shaykh Hisham Kabbani
Washington DC
February 15, 2013

The holy hadith of Prophet Muhammad (saws) where he said: I am the City of Knowledge and Ali is the Door.  Prophet (saws) is the Marifah, city of knowledge directing Ummah from knowledge to Marifah.  To go inside is not so easy.  How you can come to the presence of Prophet (saws)? How? Do not claim something you do not know.  Sayyidina Ali (ra) wants to know what he has to do so he asked Prophet (saws).  What is your Sunnah (way) Ya Sayyidi Ya Rasullalah.  Prophet (saws) replied by saying:

  • ·         Marifah is my Capital

    • o   To acquire capital is the head of my wealth (Divine Presence)

  • ·         Have your Mind toward Akhira (eternal life)

  • ·         The Origin of my religion is ‘Akal’ (knowledgeable mind)

    • o   Not only theory but implement within your divine law

  • ·         The yearning to Allah is my vessel

    • o   My yearning to Allah, Allah sent Jibril (as) with Buraq to reach Divine Presence

  • ·         Zikr (remembrance) is my intimate Companion

    • o   Will give you everything because you are with Allah

  • ·         Trust is my Treasure

    • o   Allah is the best to trust you

  • ·         My companion is to be sad for the ummah (nation)

    • o   Prophet (saws) is asking Allah for his nation to be forgiven

  • ·         Knowledge is my Weapon

    • o   You can fight with knowledge to bring light to people

  • ·         To be Patient is my Cloak

    • o   Submit to what Allah wants from you.  Last name of Allah is Sabur (patient)

  • ·         To be Satisfied is my Wealth

    • o   Not to complain, argument will take away the light of heart

  • ·         To be Poor is my Honor

  • ·         To be ascetic is my Profession

    • o  To look only to akhira and ignore Duniya (material world)

  • ·         To be Certain is my Power

    • o   Death is coming, it will be with me one day

  • ·         Truth is my Breath

    • o   I cannot let truth down

  • ·         To Obey Allah is my Dependence

    • o   I depend on it to reach Allah

  • ·         To make Jihad is my Character

    • o   To struggle in knowledge and self

  • ·         The best of time is when I am in Salah (Prayer)

  • ·         The Fruit of my heart is the remember my Lord

  • ·         My Sadness is for my Ummah

No comments:

Post a Comment